Emotional & Wellness Therapy
Have you heard about Neurolinguistic Programming, or NLP? It’s an incredibly useful behavioral science that can help you change your life.
Developed in the 1970s, it combines techniques from neurology, computer science, and linguistics to help people achieve their potential. Here’s what it is and how it works.
NLP has been described as the science of excellence in humans and involves modeling the language structure and behavior of success people.
This means if you want to be a happy, successful person, you can’t go wrong by thinking, talking, and behaving the way happy, successful people do. And if you utilize NLP in your speech, you will be able to persuade and convince others with greater success, too!
Basic NLP Principles
There are many variants of NLP, so there is debate between some practitioners that others are doing it wrong. Even with these hot debates, though, the basic principles are the same, and all agree that it works to make your life more fulfilling.
The two biggest principles of NLP are that the map is not the territory, and that both life and mind are systemic processes. What do those principles mean? Let’s take a look at them and find out.
- The map is not the territory. This means that, as people, we have no way to actually understand reality. Instead, we understand our perceptions of that reality, and those perceptions may be flawed.We use our senses to create a map of what we believe is there. These maps are what determine our behavior, not reality itself. If your map is skewed, you’ll behave in ways that are skewed, too.
- Life and mind are systemic processes. This means that the things going on inside your mind and body, and between you and your environment, can’t be isolated from one another. Trying to do so won’t result in success.
Every NLP technique you encounter is based on these principles. These NLP techniques can help us understand how our brains work, how we store information, and how to change our behaviors to ones that are more desirable.
Here are some specific ways that NLP can help you:
Career. NLP can help you be more effective in your career. It can build your skills in teamwork, personal development, coaching, leadership, sales, and productivity. No matter what it is, if there’s a potential for growth and human interaction is present, NLP can help.
Goal Achievement. You can use NLP to help you set and achieve goals, as long as those goals are intelligent, measurable, meaningful and achievable.
- For example, no program can guarantee you earn three million dollars in a month unless you already have logical means to draw this income.However, this method could be the one you use to successfully strengthen your skills and interactions with others. It can change the way you think and speak, and motivate you to take appropriate actions to achieve your goals.
Mental Health. NLP can help you overcome mental and emotional disorders and phobias.
NLP can bring you a happier and more fulfilling life.
If you’re interested in learning how to make a change in your life, NLP could be the tool you’ve been looking for.
Quite simply, NLP involves studying successful people and the steps they take to achieve such success. This success can come from any part of your life.
Overcoming phobias, learning how to speak with confidence in front of large groups, and learning how to have a loving personal relationship are all issues that can be helped with NLP techniques. Investigate your options with NLP; you’ll be surprised by the difference it can make in your life!
We also use the Amen method.
The Amen Clinics Method represents a true paradigm shift in optimizing and healing the brain. We believe it is critical to look at your brain within the context of your life. Our method integrates the important aspects of your life including:
- Looking at specific biological, psychological, social, and spiritual influences
- Neuropsychological testing
- Brain SPECT imaging at rest and during concentration
- Lab tests (when necessary)
The Amen Clinics Method gives our physicians a deep understanding to target treatment specifically tailored to your brain and situation.
Today, psychiatry is practiced by many physicians the same way it was years ago: A doctor assesses your symptoms, forms a diagnosis based on those reported symptoms, and then prescribes a medication at a dosage that may or may not work. From there, it’s a matter of watching to see if he or she got it right. Many times, patients will get multiple diagnoses and prescriptions before they find relief – if at all. Treatment success rates have not improved in decades, even though technology and science have progressed dramatically.
ASSESS DETAILED PERSONAL HISTORY
At Amen Clinics, we see the condition of every patient as a result of 4 primary factors, all of which can have a meaningful impact on mental health: your biology, psychology, social life, and spiritual life. We have designed our intake process to look at each of these factors. This allows us to truly understand you.
Key factors that impact your
mental and physical health.
Another of our popular approaches is EMDR
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is an extensively researched therapy technique, which has been very successful in bringing quick and lasting relief for a variety of symptoms and issues. Repeated studies show that EMDR has been effective in treating people who have:
- Panic attacks
- Mood swings
- Performance anxiety
- Traumatic or disturbing memories
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
EMDR is similar to what occurs naturally during dreaming or REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Therefore, EMDR can be thought of as a physiologically-based therapy that helps you see things in new and less distressing ways.
EMDR therapy uses a structured eight-phase approach that includes:
Phase 1: History-taking
Phase 2: Preparing the client
Phase 3: Assessing the target memory
Phases 4-7: Processing the memory to adaptive resolution
Phase 8: Evaluating treatment results