V Soft Lift® offers three techniques, used either combined or separately.
The LIFT techniqueTM uses cogged, patented threads that give an immediate lifting effect.
The GRID techniqueTM uses smooth threads that boost collagen production, causing better skin quality and giving a radiant appearance.
The VOLUME techniqueTM uses smooth threads that are designed to be used with filler, to create extra volume.
PDO threads have a high safety profile, complete absorption and minimal tissue reaction. The PDO thread generates tensing fibrosis in the surrounding tissue. The risk for scarring is absent when inserted correctly.
Polydioxanone is a polymer of multiple, repeating ether-ester units. It is obtained by ring-opening polymerization of the monomer p-dioxanone. These monomers break down into water and carbon dioxide and are cutaneously absorbed.
Can PDO Threads Deliver The Same Result As A Facelift?
Of course a facelift will give you the best result. The drawback of the facelift is the invasiveness and downtime associated with it. It is a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia and will require 1-2 weeks off work for recovery and for swelling to come down. The recovery from a thread lift is comparatively light. Local anesthesia (lidocaine) is used instead of general anesthesia. There is some redness and swelling after the procedure and while some patients may wish to take the rest of the day off, most can return to work the same day. This is ideal and works well for patients who have busy schedules.
However, PDO Threads Are Not To Be Viewed As Subpar. They Deliver Quality Results That Will Not Disappoint! Take A Look…
The facial indications with V Soft Lift® cover the entire face, such as forehead, chin, cheek, lip, neck, jaw line, eyebrows, eye lid, double chin, crow’s feet and frown area.
A thread lift is a type of procedure wherein temporary sutures are used to produce a subtle but visible “lift” in the skin. Instead of removing the patient’s loose facial skin surgically, the cosmetic surgeon simply suspends it by stitching up portions of it.
- YES! Its true. PDO Thread Lift is quick & easy- 15 to 30 minutes. After that, you’re free to go back to work or whatever else you had scheduled for the rest of your day.
- There are several PDO Thread providers (they are not the same as V-Line) and Yes! It absolutely matters what type of threads you use!
- This treatment is completely safe. It is approved by the FDA for safety and efficiency. Moreover, hundreds of thousands of treatments have been performed and there are no reports of allergic reactions, sensitivities to the threads, or serious side effects or risks.
- Since PDO thread lifts are non-invasive, there isn’t a lot you need to do to prepare. However, there are some precautionary measures you can take to ensure the best results from your treatment. We will discuss these measures at your consultation.
- There are two primarily types of PDO threads, These are floating non-barbed threads and floating barbed threads. Sub-classifications of non-barbed threads include braided threads and mono-filament threads. Sub-classifications of barbed threads include:
- Cutting barbs
- Molding barbs
You may hear PDO threads described with names such as “heart barbs”, “tornado” or “double screw”. These are all references to various barbed PDO threads.